This blog now has quite a few entries, and even more comments. Having content means attracting users from search engines. Even those with disturbing searches. Here’s a list from this month.
* “How to make girlfriend”:http://www.google.com/search?q=ow+to+make+girlfriend — I am _not_ Frankenstein.
* “girlfriend from hell”:http://www.google.com/search?q=girlfriend+from+hell — Oh. Wait. I actually have a post where that’s part of the title. But that post is about “Internet Explorer”:http://virtuelvis.com/archives/2004/12/girlfriend
* There are actually a whole bunch of different searches where “girlfriend”:http://www.google.com/search?q=girlfriend is mentioned. This actually says something about the power of linking, and the flaws current search algorithms still have.
* “how to stop using internet explorer”:http://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+stop+using+internet+explorer — How to is simple: Download “Opera”:http://www.opera.com/ or “Firefox”:http://getfirefox.com/ and install it. Then forget that Internet Explorer exists. Or you could replace Windows with Linux, where there _is no_ Internet Explorer.
* “the price of a big mac in cork ireland”:http://www.google.com/search?q=the+price+of+a+big+mac+in+cork+ireland — I honestly don’t know, even If I probably could find out.
* “llanhyfryddawell”:http://www.google.com/search?q=llanhyfryddawell — The full name of the village is
“Llanhyfryddawelllehynafolybarcudprindanfygythiadtrienusyrhafnauole”:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/07/19/uwales.xml — a name it took protesting against a wind farm. The name means “A quiet beautiful village, an historic place with rare Kite under threat from wretched blades”.
Update: Since originally posting, I have gotten a few more:
* “the internet is hell”:http://www.google.com/search?q=the+internet+is+hell — Is it?
* “cheap mac”:http://www.google.com/search?q=cheap+mac — I find it somewhat amusing that my writings on European Mac mini prices beats Apple for this search.
* “change opera 8 rss 1 minute”:http://www.google.com/search?q=change+opera+8+rss+1+minute — you can’t do that. Even if you could, you really, really should _not_ set your update frequency that short. You’ll end up making server admins angry. I have blocked a couple of rss-stalkers already.
Although, I have to admit that these searches, while somewhat off-topic, are way better than what I have for another blog, where “anal sex” and “analsex” are the most popular search terms. They make up 11% of visitors coming in via search engines. The words are mentioned once in that blog.